Sunday, March 9, 2014

Saving on Exercise

I have been an active member of gyms since 2006. I use them religiously so I get my money's worth. Currently my membership expired at my gym, meaning I am no longer under obligation and can change and save money. I am considering some options including investing in a home gym.




Should I drop my gym for a home gym? My membership is $35 a month. I know pretty much the exercises I routinely do. Even if I vary my routines, I pretty much use the same equipment. I priced equipment that would give me the same benefits and it comes out to a little over $400, and I can get a few extras. The pros to this are that the money I save will pay for the equipment in about a year.






There are more pros such as the hygiene issue and I don't have to shower in a bacteria cesspool that are at the gym. You don't have to wait to use the equipment. Sounds like a home gym is the way to go. Not so fast. I've had equipment at home that just gathered dust. Yes, it seems getting motivated is tough when your gym is there, but you don't use it. If you can beat these and other issues, then a home gym can save you a lot of money.






Having a gym membership motivates me to go workout without excuses. I'm paying for it and this will make me want to get my money's worth. For me the gym works. On the other hand, there are those who sign up for gym membership and never use them, but are committed by a contract and are paying for absolutely nothing. Make sure you will want to exercise before you sign a membership or buy equipment, otherwise it is a WASTE of money!





So what is my alternative, if I wish to use a gym to workout? Simple, find a gym that offers a better price. I am going to join a gym that will cost me only $10 a month. The savings speak for themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment